- We’ve made some modifications to the Flex library so this version requires that you replace your current Flex libraries that you’ve placed in your LW distribution folder with the new libraries in the “put_these_in_LW_distribution_bin_folder” that’s included in the UP distribution. The new optix and gvdb libraries also need to copied to your LW distribution bin folder.
- Rigid body motions are saved per scene in the Motions/UP_Scene_Mocap folder that is auto generated in your current Content Directory. The rigid body motions are held in ram and will be lost unless you save your scene. So if you plan on rendering your UP scene, you must make sure to save your scene after Baking.
- Rigid body support ( still a work in progress )
- Animated mesh displacement support for Kinematic bodies
- More fluid meshing options
- Per body animated stiffness for melting Particle type bodies
- Per body mass and particle spacing options
- New Fluid Block body type with pre-baking for pools and other rectangular shapes
Known Issues and Limitations
- Due to a current Flex limitation, rigid bodies can drift randomly if filled with too many particles. You can work around this by using a larger particle size or by increasing the rigid body’s particle spacing to generate fewer particles
- Flex does not support non-uniform scale. UP will scale bodies up to the largest axis internally.
- Meshes that are interactively edited in Modeler are not being interactively updated in UP.
- Surface Editor must be closed while Baking
- The UP preview only works in Camera or Perspective viewports. If using multiple viewports, only 1 Camera or Perspective viewport can be used.
- Simulation Pause option is not hooked up yet
- Sometimes the “More simulation options” or “More liquid options” gui can be garbled. Reloading scene can often fix this.
- Sometimes extra particles at the origin are created during the first time a simulation is run. Subsequent simulation runs work as expected.